Sep 29, 2018
Women's Soccer vs. Sage (4-3-2, 0-1-1 Empire 8)
Saturday, September 29, 2018
ACP Athletic Facility | Albany, N.Y.
LAST TIME OUT
- Emerson fell in both its contests this past week to move its overall record to an even .500 at 4-4 and a 1-1 showing in conference play.
- The Lions started the week off with a 5-0 shutout down at Trinity (Conn.) on September 19.
- On Saturday afternoon the Lions hosted its first NEWMAC opponent in Springfield, but took the 2-1 setback despite freshman Kayla McNamara's (Sunrise, Fla.) first collegiate goal.
A LOOK AT THE LIONS
- Senior Jess Frost (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) sits tied for eighth in the NEWMAC with 26 shots.
- Freshman goalie Megan Rose (Danville, Calif.) ranks second among NEWMAC goalies with 45 saves.
- Both sophomore Amanda Benavente (Boca Raton, Fla.) and Frost both pace the Lions with three goals and two assists each, while Benavente leads the team with eight points.
SCOUTING THE GATORS
- Coming off a 4-0 setback to SUNY Cortland this past Tuesday, Sage enters Saturday's contest with a 4-3-2 record through nine games and are 0-1-1 in the Empire 8 Conference.
- This weekend's game counts as the first meeting between Sage and Emerson.
- Sage puts in 1.44 goals a game and have tallied 13 goals to go along with a .096 shot percentage and held opponents to 1.78 goals a game.
- The Gators saw its 2017 end at the hands of Farmingdale State in the Skyline Conference semifinals to put its overall record at 12-8.
- Joleen Marfone has found the back of the net four teams for a team leading eight points with Samantha Trimblett coming in behind at three goals and Hallie Klosterman has been credited with three assists.
- Mikaela Buzzy (2-3-2) and Natalie Tidings (2-0) split time in net for Sage with Buzzy posting a .800 save percentage on 60 saves, while Tidings has made 11 stops for a .846 save percentage.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS