Score: Emerson 1, Wellesley 1 (2OT)
Records: Emerson Lions (7-5-1, 3-2-1 NEWMAC) ; Wellesley Blue (3-8-2, 0-5-2 NEWMAC)
Location: Wellesley, Mass.
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018
The Lead: Senior Paige Haley (San Diego, Calif.) knocked in the lone goal for the Emerson women's soccer before drawing a 1-1 double overtime tie with Wellesley in NEWMAC action on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Haley recorded Emerson's lone goal that was unassisted as senior Jess Frost (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) had three shots followed by a pair from junior Veronica Alberts (Half Moon Bay, Calif.).
- Freshman keeper Megan Rose (Danville, Calif.) stopped five shots on target and gave up one goal on six total shots through 110 minutes.
- Kelly Hoover netted Wellesley's unassisted goal, while Liz Zhou had three shots on goal.
- Wellesley keeper Olivia Reckley came away with three saves on four shots while allowing one goal.
- Emerson outshot Wellesley, 16-8, and held the advantage over the Blue in corner kicks, 14-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson jumped into the scoring mix 18 minutes into the opening half on Haley's fourth goal of the season that started after she picked up a blocked shot by sophomore Modesty Sanchez (Lakewood, Calif.).
- The Lions carried the 1-0 lead into the halftime and held the 8-0 shot advantage over the Blue.
- It was in the 84th minute of regulation when Hoover knocked in the equalizer following a scramble in front of the net.
- Neither team were able to find the back of the net within either overtime period as the score finalized in a 1-1 tie.
- Emerson kicks off its final three game home stand on Tuesday, October 16 hosting Coast Guard at 7:00 p.m.
- Wellesley will also be in conference play at home on Tuesday in an afternoon meeting with Clark at 3:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS