Women's Soccer vs. Coast Guard
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Boston, Mass. | Rotch Field
Women's Soccer vs. Babson
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Boston, Mass. | Rotch Field
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- Emerson packed in a pair of pivotal NEWMAC matchups last week and came out 1-0-1 to put its overall record through 13 games at 7-5-1 and 3-2-1 in the NEWMAC.
- The Lions locked up a key 2-1 conference victory over at Wheaton (Mass.) on Tuesday behind goals from freshman Grace Cosgrove (Sherman Oaks, Calif.) and senior Jess Frost (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.).
- An early morning conference meeting between Emerson and Wellesley on Saturday ended in a 1-1 double overtime tie with the Lions notching an 18th minute net from senior Paige Haley (San Diego, Calif.) before the hosts struck with the equalizer in the 84th minute of regulation.
- Three Lions sit atop the goals column with four markers each including Cosgrove, Haley and Frost and two with three assists each in sophomore Amanda Benavente (Boca Raton, Fl.) and Frost.
- Frost also paces Emerson in points with 11 and 36 total shots.
- With 77 saves, freshman goalie Megan Rose (Danville, Calif.) sits in third among NEWMAC goalies and takes the seventh spot with a save percentage of .786.
ROSE NAMED NEWMAC WOMEN'S SOCCER DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- The freshman keeper locked up the Defensive Player of the Week award for the second week in a row, marking the third consecutive week that the honor has gone to an Emerson goalie.
- Rose stopped four of five shots faced to preserve a 2-1 victory over Wheaton and came away with five saves in a 1-1 double overtime tie to Wellesley.
- Within two games, Rose totaled a .818 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Coast Guard enters Tuesday's conference showdown holding a mirroring record to Emerson's at 7-5-1 along with a 4-2-1 NEWMAC record.
- The Bears saw its three game win streak snapped at the hands of a 4-0 shutout by MIT this past Saturday afternoon.
- Within 13 contests, Coast Guard has netted 24 goals on 1.84 goals a game with a .124 shot percentage while they hold opponents to 1.53 goals.
- The road has not been friendly for the Bears, who currently hold a 1-3-1 record away from its home turf.
- Emerson last faced Coast Guard back on October 17, 2017 down in New London, Conn. where the Bears snagged a 3-2 overtime win over the Lions.
- In five meetings dating back to 2013, Emerson still holds the all-time series lead at 3-2.
- Two members of the Bears have racked up double figures in points, including Claire Hurley at 21 points on seven goals and seven assists followed by Brielle Pearce at 11 on three goals and five assists.
- Katharina Commins (7-5-1) has protected the Coast Guard net for 13 games with three shutouts under her belt having allowed 20 goals and stopped 60 shots on target for a .750 save percentage.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
- Taking 2-1 setback to Smith on Saturday, Babson's record currently stands at 5-7-2 and 2-4 in NEWMAC play with a contest at MIT coming on Tuesday night.
- The Beavers average 1.71 goals a game and have found the back of the net 24 times within 14 games on 14.5 shots and .118 shot percentage while allowing opponents to 1.59 goals.
- A 2-0 defeat to Springfield in the NEWMAC Semifinals ended Babson's 2017 season at 9-8-3 with a 5-2-3 NEWMAC showing.
- Emerson trails the all-time series against Babson at 0-5 after a 3-0 loss to the Beavers on October 21, 2017.
- Emma Dineen and Jessica Fernandes have both netted six goals each for the Beavers with Dineen registering 16 points on four assists and Fernandes with 15 points on three assists.
- Maddison Giershick (3-1-1) has allowed four goals while in net and stopped 15 saves for a .789 save percentage with two shutouts.
- Kayla Salmon holds a 2-5-1 record in between the pipes while allowing 16 goals for a goals against average of 1.95 and 37 saves.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS