Score: Brandeis 3, Emerson 0 (15-25, 14-25, 17-25)
Records: Emerson Lions (6-6); Brandeis Judges (6-4)
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Location: Waltham, Mass. (Auerbach Arena)
The Lead: Senior Moira Brennan (Glenview, Ill.) put together a double double showing with 15 assists and 10 digs as the Emerson women's volleyball team were downed by Brandeis in straight sets on Thursday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Sophomore Grace Tepper (Kensington, Md.) had a match-best 12 kills, while Brennan tacked on 15 more kills to move five assists closer to the 2,500 milestone
- Emma Barlett finished with 11 kills for a hit percentage of .668 and a match high four block assists with Yvette Cho leading the defense with 10 digs and Marlee Nork dished out 28 assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson was never able to grab a lead within the first two sets, which saw Brandeis jump out to a 9-0 spurt to open up the second frame.
- The Lions started the third stanza off with a bang and tallied the set's first four of five points and held a 7-5 lead over the Judges.
- Brandeis answered with the next four points to claim a 9-7 lead over Emerson before the score was in a 14-all lock after an 11-3 Judges run.
- Bartlett delivered kills on four of the final six points of the match to give the hosts the 3-0 match win.
- Emerson returns home to host Mount Holyoke and Suffolk on Saturday, September 22 with the first match set to begin at 12:00 p.m.
- Brandeis goes on the road to face Bates and Colby on Saturday, September 22 at 11 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS