Women's Volleyball vs. Clark
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Kneller Athletic Center | Worcester, Mass.
LAST TIME OUT
- Emerson had packed week of four matches and came out 2-2 to put its record at 8-6 and 1-2 in the NEWMAC.
- The Lions hit a few bumps with a pair of sweeps by Brandeis and Babson in its first two matches before they cruised to two victories over Mount Holyoke and Suffolk on Saturday.
- The 3-0 sweep over Mount Holyoke counted as the Lions' first NEWMAC win of 2018.
MOVING INTO THE RECORD BOOKS
- Emerson had a record breaking showing in its first conference win of the season with seniors Fara Cohen (Morristown, N.J.) and Moira Brennan (Glenview, Ill.) reaching their respective career milestones.
- Cohen picked up 11 digs to meet the 1,000 dig milestone while Brennan dished out 32 assists to put her at the 2,500 assist mark.
A LOOK AT THE LIONS
- Sophomore Grace Tepper (Kensington, Md.) continues to power through her second season with 3.49 kills per set and a total of 164 kills.
- Cohen has registered 3.57 digs per set to go with 167 digs and sits 10th and fifth within the conference, respectively.
- Brennan has served a NEWMAC 10th best .53 service aces a set and handed out 9.34 assists (5th)
ALL TIME SERIES VS. CLARK
- Dating back to 2014 when Emerson first joined the NEWMAC, the Lions have yet to defeat Clark.
- The two teams last met on September 26, 2017 at Clark where the Cougars topped the Lions in three straight sets by scores of 25-11, 25-21 and 25-16.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
- Clark sits at 5-7 through 12 matches to go along with a 0-4 record against NEWMAC opponents having lost its last six of seven.
- The Cougars snapped its six match losing streak with a 3-2 win over Connecticut College last Saturday where Ana Patricia Mercado powered out 23 kills and Rayme Quiban hit 18 digs.
- Mercado averages a team-team-set 3.92 kills per set and Sophia Torino has handed out 5.38 assists per set.
- Bailey Vogel has served up .56 service aces followed by Quiban leading the digs category with 4.32 digs and Paige Kacherian has registered .33 blocks.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS