Score: WPI 3, Emerson 0 (25-21, 25-15, 25-15)
Records: Emerson Lions (9-8, 1-5 NEWMAC) ; WPI Engineers (12-3, 3-3 NEWMAC)
Date: Saturday, September 29, 2018
Location: Wocester, Mass. (Harrington Auditorium)
The Lead: The Emerson Women's Volleyball team fell to the Engineers of WPI in straight sets in Worcester, Mass. on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson dropped the first set, staving off match point with a Lauren Quan (San Diego, Calif.) dig, but were unable to overcome the deficit.
- The Engineers jumped out to an early lead against Emerson in the second set, taking the first five points.
- The Lions fell further behind, coming back to make a late push but found themselves dropping the second set 25-15.
- Emerson suffered a similar fate in the third set, falling behind early at 14-3. The Lions fought back, cutting the lead to 6 at 14-20.
- Emerson was unable to complete the comeback, and fell 25-15 in the third set, marking the loss at 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Grace Tepper (Kensington, Md.) had a match high 15 kills.
- Lauren Quan had a match best 17 digs for Emerson.
- Victoria Nassar (Atkinson, N.H.) tallied her 1000th assist for the Engineers in the match.
- Kelley Guerra (Randolph, N.J.) had a stong match at the net, recording the block assists for the Lions.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS